Senior Visual Designer Mobile Applications
Published Jun 19, 2022
Original link: https://remoteOK.com/jobs/111331
Foursquare invented the check-in, pioneered location-based social networking, and continues to reach millions of mobile app users every month. Based on the tools and technology born out of the original Foursquare app, Foursquare has since grown into the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more connections with their customers.
About the role:
Foursquare is seeking a Sr. Product Designer to help re-imagine what the Foursquare mobile app experience looks like to users in 2022. After 12 years with millions of loyal app users, and with the world starting to come out of the global pandemic, now is the time to take a deep look at how Foursquare apps can continue to evolve on the promise of making the real world more discoverable and enjoyable with close friends and trusted influencers.
The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, strong design principles, and excellent leadership skills. You'll be responsible for serving as a design expert that can independently own projects, manage deliverables, and timelines. Youâll collaborate with product managers, and engineers to develop the experience for City Guide and Swarm users
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include; coordinating requirements with stakeholders, validating your concepts with users, presenting your research and insights to partners, and delivering polished designs and specs to engineers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- High degree of critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Experience designing across iOS, Android and different devices form factor
- A deep understanding of design tools (Figma, Mural, Principle, Framer etc.)
- Design experiences and interactions that are simple, thoughtful and elegantÂ
- Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
- Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined with usable experiences that tackle user problems
- Ability to articulate, negotiate, and refine design solutions with cross-functional partners
- Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
- Address business goals and customer needs with elegantly simple design solutions
- Conduct data driven design research to iterate and support your design decisions
- Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards, & presentations
- Self motivated and must be comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- 5+ years of experience in a product or experience/visual design role with a proven track record of independently leading projectsÂ
- 3+ years working on iOS and AndroidÂ
- Strong design sense that values simplicity and usability
- Fluent with app usage data analysisÂ
- Experience using research insights and behavioral data to inform designs which solve user problems
- The ability to champion design and how it applies business goals
- Curious, self-motivated, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelorâs degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant experience in a full-cycle product design environment
- An ability to think globally, taking a broad view of all variables that could impact future product and company-wide success
Nice to have:
- Experience with Firebase/Adjust Analytics Platforms
- A background in both - web and mobile system design preferred
- Experience working on or exposure to high-profile or global level brands
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.