Checkly: Support Engineer
Published Nov 24, 2021
Headquarters: Berlin (DE), Boston (US)
URL: https://checklyhq.com(EST +/-1, fully-remote, international team, dev-tools)
It's an exciting time to join our team! We're a fully remote startup on a mission to build the #1 reliability automation platform for developers. We make End-to-End automation delightful, fast, and code-driven. A workflow with a world-class developer experience!
Thousands of developers are using Checkly today, we have recently passed the milestone of 1 billion check runs and raised our $10M USD Series A led by CRV!
We care about building a team where people of all backgrounds are encouraged to do their best work.
What you'll doWe are looking for an engineering-minded colleague to join our team as a Support Engineer. You will talk to developers who rely on Checkly to ensure the stability of their web apps and APIs for their end-users. This is crucial and we want to support them the best we can. You will report to Timo, our CCO.
You will be responsible for addressing our end-users' complex problems. In detail you will:
- Become an expert in Checkly and the monitoring & testing domain
- Be the first point of contact for customer requests
- Investigate and reproduce issues
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to solve customer problems and look for ways to improve Checkly
- Contribute to our technical documentation
- Help build a first-class support organization
What you should haveYou will often speak with developers who need assistance understanding if their applications work well and if not, what caused the issue. This requires a solid technical background and a strong motivation to help. In detail you have...
- Exceptional empathy. You love working with customers and enjoy solving their problems
- Relevant experience working in a customer-facing role
- A solid understanding of how HTTP works
- Already experience in/or are interested in learning about new technologies such as (REST) APIs, Chrome Dev Tools, frontend automation with Playwright/Puppeteer
- Ability to be autonomous and self-motivated in a remote work environment, while you also enjoy getting to know your colleagues and helping others
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Remote: EST +/- 1
What we haveYou will be joining our growing support team as the first Support Engineer in the EST time zone. More than 400+ customers are using Checkly today, many of them located in the Americas for which you will be the first point of contact.
This requires you to be self-independent to a certain extent but also means a unique opportunity to make a real difference and actively shape the support organization.
What we offer
- Competitive salary (see below)
- Stock options
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours and we support families: you can pick up your kids without worrying about work
- 27 days of paid vacation + your local public holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Become part of a fast-growing, international, and remote team
- Work with the latest technologies
- Modern laptop and equipment provided
- Learning budget
- Regular retreats to meet the team in person (when the pandemic allows it)
PayFair, competitive, and transparent pay is very important for us. Therefore we work with a standardized salary calculator that includes several factors such as seniority level as well as location and cost of living.
For this role of Mid to Senior Support Engineer, we're looking at a range of $70,000 - $90,000 for someone located on the US east coast. If the cost of market is lower, that also moves the range.
ApplyIf this sounds interesting, please apply! Studies by several different sources have shown that on average men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. Women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of requirements before applying. If you're not sure you're the right fit, apply anyway and let us know what you bring to the table. We'd love to hear from you!
If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc) because of a disability, chronic illness or neurodiversity, we want to provide those. If you're comfortable disclosing this, please let us know in your cover letter.
We're all about being transparent and setting clear expectations. That's why we've put together our hiring playbook. There you'll find a sneak peek of who we are and what you can expect in our hiring process.